FOOTWEAR CARE GUIDELINES
We thank you for being a Metro Shoes customer. To ensure a durable and comfortable wear, here are some tips from Metro Shoes as we surely care.
PROTECT NEW SHOES
Pre-treat your new shoes before wearing them with an appropriate protector (e.g. Leather, Suede and Fabric Protectors). This will waterproof and stain proof the shoes and ultimately prolong their life.
GIVE YOUR SHOES A REST
Do not wear same shoes two days in a row as shoes can take a whole day to dry out. Perspiration build up is a major reason for material failure.
DRY YOUR WET SHOES CAREFULLY
Never put wet shoes in front of fire or radiator as heat causes premature damage to premature damage to uppers and soles. Rather let them dry naturally at room temperature and stuff them with clean paper to maintain their shape and fit.
RIGHT WAY TO CLEAN SHOES
• Leather is a natural material and needs regular care.
• If soiled, allow the mud to dry first before cleaning.
• Remove the mud with a blunt instrument and dab off the remaining dirty with a clean damp cloth.
• Apply a quality shoes cream or wax polish to clean the leather uppers.
• Buff with a clean dry cloth or soft bristle brush.
Nubuck and Suede Shoes
• Frequent use of stain / water protector will maintain the appearance.
• Do not use a wire brush as this damage the surface.
• Clean with either a stiff nylon or hard rubber brush.
• To remove stains, rub carefully using either soapy water or as suede shampoo.
• Expect a slight color change.
• Avoid wearing in wet and muddy conditions.
• To clean use only specialized cleaning products or soapy water.
• Test the cleaning product on a small area of the shoe first.
Stones of shoes
• We use Whiskey stones in our fancy shoes.
OUR POLICY ON EXCHANGE OF SHOES
Metro Shoes will happily exchange non-faulty shoes if returned within 30 days of purchase, provided they are unworn, unmarked and the proof of purchase can be provided.
• Metro Shoes will exchange shoes with quality related issues provided, that they are entertained within 30 days of purchase.
• We regret that we will not be able to exchange shoes were there has been improper care or excessive wear.
• No return or exchanged on any promotional or reduced price articles.